Meet Dr. Parrish
Board Certified Proctologist in San Jose, CA
Dr. Parrish’s Affiliations
Good Samaritan Hospital San Jose
Aaron B. Parrish, M.D.
Dr. Parrish grew up in Saratoga, California. His father Richard Parrish, M.D. was a cardiologist at Good Samaritan Hospital. As a kid, he became adept at reading EKGs with his father at the hospital and decided to pursue a career in medicine.
He earned his bachelor’s degree in biopsychology at the University of California, Santa Barbara, graduating with high honors. He obtained his medical degree at the Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston, Massachusetts, and returned to California to complete his surgical residency at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. There he met his wife, Jennifer Parrish, who is a pulmonary and critical care physician at Good Samaritan Hospital.
After training to become a colorectal surgeon at Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, he returned to San Jose and Good Samaritan Hospital to serve his hometown community.
In residency and fellowship, Dr. Parrish has numerous presentations and publications; selected publications below:
- Parrish AB, Zaghiyan K, Fleshner P. Laparoscopic Colectomy in Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Indications and Special Considerations. Ann Laparosc Endosc Surg 2019;4:13
- Parrish AB, O’Neill SM, Crain SR, Russell TA, Sonthalia D, Nguyen V, Aboulian A. An Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) Protocol for Ambulatory Anorectal Surgery Reduced Postoperative Pain and Unplanned Returns to Care After Discharge. World J Surg. 2018 Jan 9
- Parrish AB, Sanaiha Y, Petrie BA, Russell MM, Chen F. Examining the Quality of Rectal Cancer Operative Reports in Teaching Institutions: Is There an Opportunity for Resident Education? Am Surg. 2016 Oct;82(10):1023-1027
- Fellowship | Colorectal Surgery
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center – Los Angeles, CA
- Internship/Residency | General Surgery
Harbor-UCLA Medical Center – Torrance, CA
- Medical School
Tufts University School of Medicine – Boston, MA
- Undergraduate Education
University of California, Santa Barbara
- American Board of Surgery – Board Certified in General Surgery
- American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery – Board Certified in Colon and Rectal Surgery
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
Advantages of Robotic Surgery
Schedule a Consultation in San Jose
If you’re seeking an expertly-trained, board-certified colorectal surgeon in the San Jose area, contact Aaron B. Parrish, MD today to schedule an appointment. Our office is located in Los Gatos, just a short drive from San Jose, Morgan Hill, Gilroy, Salinas, Hollister, and Monterey.